Friday, July 28, 2006

Yo quiero Juniper Moon!



That's about the extent of our Spanish, despite like 89 years of studying it in high school. But ever since we discovered Juniper Moon about a year ago, on the Rough Trade Indiepop 1 compilation, we seriously want to go over to Barcelona and kick it on the beach with girls in pigtails. All we can really figure out about JM is that they're from Spain, have something to do with Spanish uber-twee flaship label Elefant Records, and are FUCKING AWESOME. The above video for "Volveras" kind of looks like it should be on Boobah or something (note: click on that link at your own risk, seizure may ensue), but the song is completely infectious, and it's been stuck in our head for hours, even though we have absolutely no fucking clue as to what's being said. Here's my favorite song of their's so far, the title track off of their 2002 album, El Resto De Mi Vida:

Juniper Moon - El Resto De Mi Vida

Enjoy the C86 en español goodness. More music is coming next week kids! Stay tuned and tell your friends.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth U. said...

They're pretty cute. Maybe it shows how little I know about music in Spanish, but it reminds me of Natalia Lafourcade.

8:31 PM  
Blogger CEC said...

There aren't very many good Spanish indie bands I know of. Maybe I should start doing some research...

1:10 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth U. said...

Man, thanks so much for this post! I've been listening to "El resto de mi vida" and it's awesomesauce! I just wanna hug the whole world when I listen to that song. :D

Here's a couple Natalia y La Forquetina vids (couldn't find mp3s, sorry!):

"Casa"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRVFiYbCaFA

"Un Pato"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tC9-ahTN-SE

11:43 AM  
Blogger CEC said...

Wow, thanks!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

¿Volverás? (Will you come back?)
by Juniper Moon

chorus:

Tell me if you're coming now
if some day you're coming back
if you won't leave me
Leave the place where you are

(x2)

first verse:

I want to look at you one more time
You know you're not going to lie
if you ever thought about me
when you were far away from here

chorus x2

second verse:

I'd want you to speak more to me
without you stoping to look at me
It seems this is all the other way around
But you are gonna care for me

chorus x2

La ra la la
La ra la la
La ra la la

Tell me if you're coming now
If some day you're comming back.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home